Monday, June 23, 2008

"Promises"


I learn something today..

Never give your word to anyone, especially friends, if you're not too sure whether you can keep that word of yours or not. If you're not too sure of something, don't give the answer "Yea, maybe can gua.." 'cause it sounds like you might be able to do it. Maybe something like "Well, I can't promise you anything, but I'll try my best la " sounds better :D

Actually this kind of thing has happen N times, but sometimes, in order not to give this person too much hope, and yet not to totally reject his request, we sometimes make "promises" which we fail to keep in the end. Like today, I've a tough time thinking how to settle this small misunderstanding, which in the end I've to break the news to him by telling him the truth. Luckily, he is very understanding and nice enough to understand our situation =) ,and in the end he pulled out. But yet, deep down inside me, I felt bad for being such an irresponsible person and for giving him "hope" in the first place.

So now, in near future, I'm not going to make those "promises" to people anymore. Something which I'm sure I can accomplish, I will confidently give my word to them. But if I'm not too sure of something, I rather just say "No" politely, than to FFK @ fong fei kei @ fly kite at the last minute !

ps. This is just solely my personal opinion ;)

0 Mood Swing on ""Promises""

 

.: MoRn!ng:MoOd :. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez